Venues and Seating

Pick-Staiger Concert Hall

50 Arts Circle Drive

Pick-Staiger is a 989-seat hall located in the Arts Circle on the Evanston campus of Northwestern University. The main lobby entrance for concerts is on the west side of the building (revolving and regular doors). Wheelchair accessible seats (16) are located on the ends of rows G and H.

View the Pick-Staiger seating chart as a PDF document.

Lutkin Hall

700 University Place

Lutkin Hall is a 403-seat performance space located on University Place between Sherman Avenue and Sheridan Road, behind the Music Administration Building. University Place is only accessible from Sherman Avenue; it does not intersect with Sheridan Road or Chicago Avenue. The main entrance for concerts is located off University Place on the north side of the building. A wheelchair accessible entrance is located in the southwest corner of the building.

Regenstein Recital Hall

60 Arts Circle Drive

The 202-seat Regenstein Recital Hall is located directly south of Pick-Staiger in the Arts Circle. The main entrance is the north door on the west side of the building. Wheelchair accessible seats are available in the uppermost row of the auditorium.

Free parking is available after 4 p.m. on weekdays, as well as all day on weekends, in the parking garage just south of the hall. 

 

Cahn Auditorium

600 Emerson Street

Cahn Auditorium (1940) is the largest performance space on campus, with more than 1,000 seats and an orchestra pit. One of the country’s most famous college productions, the annual Waa-Mu Show (begun in 1929), is staged here, as are many other productions each year. The auditorium was named for civic leader Bertram Cahn, donor, trustee, alumnus (class of 1899), and chairman of the clothier B. Kuppenheimer and Company.

Alice Millar Chapel

1870 Sheridan Road

The Alice S. Millar Chapel and Religious Center (1962) was the gift of Foster G. McGaw, a University trustee, and his wife, Mary. Its 720-seat chapel was named in honor of Mr. McGaw’s mother, Alice S. Millar McGaw. Designed by Jensen and Halstead of Chicago, it houses a 100-rank Aeolian Skinner organ and is distinguished by its magnificent stained-glass windows and a 151-foot spire.

Block Cinema, Mary and Leigh Block Museum of Art

40 Arts Circle Drive

The Mary and Leigh Block Museum of Art, Northwestern University, is the fine arts museum of Chicago’s North Shore, offering focused visual arts programming for the Northwestern University community and the greater Chicago area. The Museum mounts several exhibitions a year, organizes numerous lectures, symposia, and workshops with artists and scholars, and screens classic and contemporary films at Block Cinema.

Deering Library

1935 Sheridan Road

A modified Gothic structure modeled after King's College Chapel in Cambridge, England, Charles Deering Library (1933) served as the main library until 1970. It honors Charles Deering of Deering Harvester Company. Deering and his heirs donated most of the $125,000 needed to construct the building. The Lannon stone building, designed by James Gamble Rogers, now houses the University's Music Library, the Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections, and University Archives.

Deering Meadow

1937 Sheridan Road

Deering Meadow provides more than two acres of green space between Deering Library and Sheridan Road. The meadow was known as Campus Meadow from 1870 until the construction of Deering Library in 1933. It was the site of the first Northwestern football field and early commencement ceremonies and has long been a gathering place for informal recreation, concerts, and rallies. In 1898 a wrought-iron fence was installed along the perimeter of the campus.

Jay Pritzker Pavilion, Millennium Park, Chicago

55 North Michigan Avenue

Millennium Park is an award-winning center for art, music, architecture and landscape design. The result of a unique partnership between the City of Chicago and the philanthropic community, the 24.5-acre Park features the work of world-renowned architects, planners, artists and designers.

Trienens Hall

2707 Ashland Avenue

Trienens Hall is an indoor athletic facility located on the northwest end of Northwestern University's Evanston campus.

Parking is available in the Ryan Field west lot on Ashland Avenue north of Central Street. Follow the signs to the Trienens Hall east side entrance, northwest of Ryan Field. For directions and more details, click the map below.